We're excited to announce our first Young Artists' Art Show, to be held on Sunday, June 13, 2010, during PEACH2FEST. PEACH2FEST is a neighborhood festival of Art, LIVE music, Food and Fun.
We are looking for local young artists in the Los Angeles area. The submission deadline is Friday, May 7th.
Read below for details. For more information and the answers to any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peach Tree Pottery is looking for young artists up to 17 years of age to submit artwork for exhibit and sale at
PEACH2FEST. The event is Sunday, June 13, 2010 from 11 am to 6 pm. We are looking for a wide variety of media, but work submitted is limited to wall art: photography, painting, collage, mixed media, illustration; work must be ready-to-hang, either framed or on canvas. Maximum artwork dimensions are: 29“ x 23”.
The purpose of this art show and sale is to feature the work of young artists looking to showcase and sell their work in a professional gallery and to be part of a larger event. PEACH2FEST is a day-long art and live music celebration. It will also feature the pottery and ceramic work of Peach Tree Pottery students. There will be a raffle to raise monies to support the efforts of the American Heart Association and other local organizations.
- Artists may submit between 1 and 5 pieces of artwork for consideration. Please Note: one or more submissions may be selected for showcase.
- Deadline: Artists must send an electronic image of each piece of work to email@example.com by Friday, May 7th no later than noon. Images should be submitted in .jpg format, 300 dpi. The following information must also be provided at time of submission:
1. Type of medium used.
2. Dimensions of work.
3. What is the selling price of the piece?
4. Brief biography of the artist.
5. Your mailing address, email, and phone number where you can be reached.
Wall space is limited. Therefore, a panel of professional working artists and community members will review all submissions and select a smaller representative group of work to be exhibited and sold.
- If your artwork is selected for PEACHFEST 2, you will receive an email by Friday, May 21st. At that time you will also receive an “Artist’s Agreement” which you will need to fill out, sign, and bring to Peach Tree Pottery, along with your artwork on Saturday, May 28th between 10 am and 3 pm. Regardless of the number of pieces selected, a $10.00 participation fee is required from each artist to help defer event costs. NOTE: The $10 fee applies to those artists whose work is selected for showing and sale.
Selected Artist’s information:
- 75% of sales go to the young artist. 25% of sales will go to Peach Tree Pottery Gallery. Of that 25%, Peach Tree Pottery will donate a percentage to named charities/organizations. Each artist will receive a PEACH2FEST tee shirt (small, medium & large adult sizes available only) and 25 event post cards for their personal marketing efforts.
- If your work is sold, an Artist’s payment check will be mailed to you within two weeks after the event.
- All work not sold must be picked up at the end of the event on June 13th at 6 pm. Any artwork left at Peach Tree Pottery after that date/time will be used for future fund raising purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact Peach Tree Pottery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-567-2708. Thank you for participating in this event. We look forward to your submissions!
Peace and Art, Linda